SaxoTech, jQuery, CSS3, HTML5
The Event Finder application was designed to usher in Small Business Week, helping participants find events throughout Chicagoland.
- Users can sort events using a multitude of options including date, price, and program partner.
- On page load, events are listed by date so they can be easily found.
- More information about each event can be found in a modal window when the link is clicked.
- An "add to my events" link allows a user to save the event to their local hard drive.
- A "Get Directions" link allows users to get turn-by-turn directions.
The event finder was created to help ease the woes of having to find events all throughout Chicagoland. This was a fun project because it drove people to it solely by need. Constructing this layout was a no-brainer--making sure each user could sort, save, and add to their calendar created a user experience unlike no other.
Go to the app!